Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year Resolution?

It's that time again, making our New Year's resolution. To be honest, personally I have not had much success in the past keep "resolutions." How about you? I think I am safe to assume that losing weight would be the #1 resolution people will make this year.

That being said, I thought why do our resolutions seem to always fail? We usually say that we did not have the willpower but I think the problem goes even deeper than that. Take losing weight for example; could it be that our motive is not right? Are we trying to lose weight for appearance sake? Not good enough! Maybe it is for health reasons; as good as that motive is, it isn't good enough!

Is it possible that the reason our 'resolutions' fail is that we do see them as spiritual? 1 Cor. 6:20 "you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies."  Speaking just for myself, being overweight does not bring glory to God. 1 Cor. 10:31 "When you eat or drink or do anything else, always do it to honor God."

I am sure you get the point. The purpose of losing weight (and all we do) should be to glorify God. With that in mind, it makes our 'resolutions' to carry more weight. [No pun intended!}

No comments:

Post a Comment