Thursday, January 12, 2012

I Can't Get No Satisfaction

If you were to stop the 'average' person on the streets and ask them, "What do you want from life? What do you want for your children, grandchildren?" The majority of people would reply that they want to be happy and their family to be happy. But how do we find happiness? Most people seek happiness in things this world can supply: Drugs, sex, entertainment, obtaining wealth,etc.

But as the Rolling Stones sang  years ago, "I Can't Get No Satisfaction." They were right. We cannot find satisfaction [happiness] by our efforts. Listen to the lyrics of that song; "I can't get no satisfaction
I can't get no satisfaction 'Cause I try and I try and I try and I try I can't get no, I can't get no."
It is sad that people try and try and try to catch the fluttering butterfly of happiness.

But we were created to find fulfillment [happiness] in a relationship with God through Jesus Christ. The Shorter Westminster Catechism tells us "Man’s chief end is to glorify God, and to enjoy him forever."  [Underline Mine.] St. Augustine said, "Our hearts are restless till they find rest in Thee." 


We must come to the realization that God is the source of life, happiness, and fulfillment.

http://youtu.be/AXBAp7FEamg

No comments:

Post a Comment