Friday, January 13, 2012

Forgiveness

As you read God's Word you cannot help but notice that the key relational issue is forgiveness; wether God forgives you, you forgive others or others forgive you.The amazing thing about forgiveness is that we can readily indentify when someone sins, offends, or hurt us but we have a hard time realizing that we have done the same to others. Matthew 18:21

As a pastor, I have heard all my life how someone in the church has hurt me. I am sorry that happened but don't we get offended by co-workers, yet we show up for work every workday. We are often hurt in our relationship with friends and family but we do not disown them. (At least we shouldn't!)

When we face forgiving others, the key is to remember that God forgave YOU! He paid an awesome price to purchase your salvation. Allow me to share a verse that has helped me tremendously through my life. Ephesians 4:32 "Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you." [Emphasis added] God forgave you unconditionally, go and do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment