Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Who Are You Cheating?

Many of us were taught from childhood that cheating was wrong. But in reality we cheat every day. Allow me to explain what I mean.

All of us have demands on our lives: school, home, work, church.etc. There is only 24-hours in a day and usually we do not have time to get everything done. So what can you do?  You have to cheat. When you take time away from one area and give it to another, the first party feels "cheated." When you stay at work long hours. taking time away your family, your family feels cheated. You can explain why you need to work so many hours and they might understand the why but they will still feel cheated.

What gets the 'lion's share' of your time shows what is valued in your life. It is the better part of wisdom to give your time to things eternal: God, Family, and the Kingdom. I have never heard anyone say with their dying breath, "I wish I had spent more time at work." But I have heard people say, "I wish I had spent more time with my family. Or my relationship with God."

"Cheat" where it will make an eternal difference.







No comments:

Post a Comment