Thursday, February 28, 2013

Chosen

One of the things that I dreaded during grade school was recess. I know that may sound strange, so let me explain. Our school was looked in the country and we had plenty of space to play during recess. We would often play softball and that was the one activity that I hated.

Two of the most athletic students where chosen as captains (logical) and they would choose their team from the other students. This is what I dreaded. Being that I was not they athletic, I was always one of the last chosen. To me that meant that I was not worthy to be on their team.

How much different in the Kingdom of God! When Jesus chose His twelve disciples, He did not chose them because of their talent or ability. By today's standards, they would not have been selected for the most likely to succeed. Jesus chose them because He saw their potential they had to become.

In our family devotions, my wife read John 15:16 "You did not choose me, but I chose you..." Jesus choose me not based on my talent or worth. He chose me because He loved me and THAT is what gives me worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment