Monday, August 27, 2012

High Call

In the film, Cheaper by the Dozen, Steve Martin's character, Tom Baker, decides to walk away from his dream of coaching college football because of the strain it has been on his family. When his boss asks if he'll have any regrets for such a decision, Baker says, "If I screw up raising my kids, nothing I achieve will matter much."

The world on the other hand says we should pursue degrees, titles, salaries and positions. Many parents do not realize that they are not just raising kids but they are also raising future adults. We have the awesome duty of raising the next generation. One hundred years from now will it have really matter that I lived on this planet? It will if you invest your life in the life of your children.

Jesus' plan for world evangelism was to invest his life into the lives of twelve men. I wonder how different the next generation would be if we took seriously making an investment into the spiritual lives of our children.  It seemed to have worked for Jesus and I believe we can change the world one family at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment